Laine is a high-quality Nordic knit & lifestyle magazine for knit folks. They cherish natural fibres, slow living, local craftsmanship and beautiful, simple things in life. Their intention is to inspire you to gather and share, to be part of a community of like-minded knitters, makers and thinkers from near and far. Knitting is more than just knit, knit, purl. It is a feeling.
ISSUE 11 IS A PREORDER
Issue 11, Marjoram, is like a fresh, gentle breeze after a long Winter season.
· 148 pages (weight approx 460g)
· 11 knitting patterns from the following designers: Stella Ackroyd, Christelle Bagea, George Cullen, Jonna Hietala, Guddrun Johnson, Marianne Munier, Paula Pereira, Eri Shimizu, Nataliya Sinelshchikova and Stephen West.
· an interview with Diane Levy of Lady Dye Yarns written by Jeanette Sloan
· an article about the knitting app Knitrino
· an article about Yarningham yarn festival by Jeanette Sloan
· an article about knitting and cognitive skills by our regular writer Päivi Kankaro
· a column by our regular columnist Jeanette Sloan
· seasonal recipes
· book reviews
Laine Magaziine Issue 10, Rooted, is more of a book than a magazine at 148 pages. It is only available in a print format and we will have a limited number. It includes:
- 12 knitting patterns from: Denise Bayron, Aleks Byrd, Maxim Cyr, Midori Hirose, Julie Hoover, Natasja Hornby, Mieka John, Tif Neilan, Rievive, Veera Välimäki and Sylvia Watts-Cherry.
- an interview with Denise Bayron
- an article about G-Uld by Lotta Löthgren
- an article about BIPOC in Fiber by Jeanette Sloan
- an article about knitting and well-being by our regular writer Päivi Kankaro
- a column by our regular columnist Jeanette Sloan
- seasonal recipes
- book reviews