Garnet Ghosts by Polka Dot Sheep
- (1) skein of Polka Dot Sheep Iron Horse
- approx. 26 grams Toho Beads in a handy PDS Sheep hinge-top tin
- a digital and hard copy of the pattern.
Garnet Ghosts by Aimee Alexander
"I've always been fascinated with [Montana]'s boom and bust mining history, so when the knitting with these rusty red beads and golden yarn, my mind naturally wandered through the dusty roads of one of Montana's most intact ghost towns, Garnet, Montana. The name Garnet Ghosts is a nod to the industrious people, a vast landscape, and the gold and gemstones of an age gone by."
Garnet Ghosts is a great first venture into knitting with beads. The lace pattern is easy and intuitive allowing focus to center around placing beads. The beads add weight to the cowl giving this piece wonderful drape.
The cowl is knit it round and all measurements are given in US and metric. Instructions for the bead placement pattern are written and charted for personal preference.
Check out Polka Dot Sheep's YouTube channel for tutorials on Bead Placement and Crochet Provisional Cast On.
You will need:
- US 6/4mm needles
- spare needle of equal or smaller size for grafting
- US 12 or / 1.00 mm (or smaller) crochet hook for placing beads
- tapestry needle.